- a very popular book or other product, that many people buy:
• The book has been on the New York Times fiction best-seller list for more than 30 weeks.
• The company's best sellers are its biotechnology drugs.— best-selling adjective [only before a noun] :
• America's best-selling pickup truck
* * *best-selling UK US (also bestselling) /ˌbesˈselɪŋ/ adjective [before noun] COMMERCE► extremely popular and selling in very large numbers: »
the best-selling brand in the country»
a best-selling book/game/phone► producing books, songs, etc. that are extremely popular and have sold in large quantities: »
a best-selling author/artist
Financial and business terms. 2012.